Thursday, March 1, 2012

Brian Finds His Man

I always figured the girl Brian Wilson sings to on "Don't Talk" either doesn't exist or would quickly lose patience with his true love ways. So...


BRIAN: I can hear so much in your sighs.

MIKE: Take me home.

BRIAN: And I can see so much in your eyes.

MIKE: Tend to me.

BRIAN: There are words we both could say.

MIKE: Baby, lay me down easy, for I have grown weary on my own.

BRIAN: But don't talk, put your head on my shoulder.

MIKE: Oh, alone, I wither and I bruise ... I run my mouth like a fool! I'll be so quiet for you.

BRIAN: Come close, close your eyes and be still.

MIKE: Look like a child for you.

BRIAN: Don't talk, take my hand and let me hear your heartbeat.

MIKE: Be like a shadow of a shadow of a shadow for you.

BRIAN: Being here with you feels so right.

MIKE: Take me home, tend to me.

BRIAN: We could live forever tonight.

MIKE: Baby, lay me down easy.

BRIAN: Let's not think about tomorrow.

MIKE: For I have grown weary on my own. Oh, alone, I wander aimless, I work the corner of an endless grid.

BRIAN: And don't talk, put your head on my shoulder, come close, close your eyes and be still.

MIKE: I'll be so still for you.

BRIAN: Don't talk, take my hand and listen to my heartbeat.

MIKE: Like a dead god, wait until my eyes part.

BRIAN: Listen, listen, listen.

MIKE: Oh, all for you.

BRIAN: Don't talk, put your head on my shoulder. Don't talk, close your eyes and be still. Don't talk, put your head on my shoulder. Don't talk, close your eyes and be still. Don't talk, put your head on my shoulder.


Notes:
1. Sources:
The Beach Boys, "Don't Talk (Put Your Head On My Shoulder)"
Perfume Genius, "Take Me Home"
Neither of which ever uses the word "love."
2. Sort of what I was trying to get at here.
3. It just occurred to me how much Perfume Genius has in common with Randy Newman, in the economy of his songs and especially in the way he sings "tend to me."
4. But let's please not actualize this dialogue, aural mash-ups are the worst.



ALSO

COLLAPSE INTO ZAC



No comments: